"FAITH and Unfinished Business"

Comments about God, faith, joy, sorrow and growth

Monday, May 24, 2010

WORLD IN REVIEW

I decided it might be a good way to catch up with some friends who do not Facebook, by having a 'week in review' report.


My favorite picks of the week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=WUQYJ77qa50 Talented speaker tells how the human condition needs work. Good stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz4K8Nux7KQ
Just a heartwarming funny about a very young baby elephant, out on his first adventure with water. See if he doesn’t remind you of a two year old near you.

http://www.youtube.com/terriblackstock
My favorite writer of chilling thrillers, telling a story that needs to be read! “Predator” gives an edge- of- your- seat account of what can happen if you’re not careful about places like, yes, say it, Facebook! Terri Blackstock and I, as well as many other writers and professionals can find good uses for FB, but we all practice careful common sense: don’t put any personal info out there, and think twice about what you consider to be ‘personal’!

My husband, son and I nearly walked into this dandy(above) . That’s honey bees folks. A kind bee-keeper came and persuaded them into a boxed hive. She presented us with honey from her earlier endeavors.

One of the high points in the week is when hubby and I stood in the yard enjoying the Oriole, the Cedar Waxing, the Catbird, all the while my guys talked trees and plants on the phone. Talking birds, plants, trees and gardening is a common topic in our family. Some folks think we’re nutz. But I see there are many 'nutz' on facebook of the same persuasion.

Another high point: posted on my FB, was the review of a new county park (which my boys are very involved with) courtesy of the industrious ACPD. A video courtesy of Eric Mayer, of our 4 acre canoe access that provided an important link on the Jerome Fork and to another small park already on the map. It was a historical accomplishment, and well attended and received. I was not involved, but got the joy-spill-over from my guys and friends.

I have been happily busy, typing up lesson plans for computer basics classes at the Kroc,(community center) and for the 6 wk. “Creative God” workshop for church youth. The lessons and workshop were a bit unexpected, but still a seed in the back of my mind. God grows beautiful things from seeds. In addition to these lessons, I’ve taken on the role of web-manager for my church. All in all, each of these seemingly time-consuming activities add up to only a few hours in a month’s time. Perfect.

With all of the attention I have been giving our expanded household and the emotional stretching, I am happy to be busy again doing things I enjoy. My care-giving role is important to me, and to God. Yet, it is not a full time, nor a physical needs job at this time. Mom and Pop are due home this week after two months away at sister’s in TX.

So God has graciously allowed me to “keep a part of myself” separate from the care-giving role. Thus, keeping my sanity and good nature. (smile)

I was pleasantly surprised, and relived to learn I could obtain a housecleaning service for a very small price. It was well worth the stress and strain it saved me. That’s two big chores off my list.

Another concern that has been on my mind and heart, God has quietly taken care of. My husband is a work-aholic, and approaching an age when he really, really needs to eliminate some elective work. The weather has been just perfect for stalling any of my gallant husband’s efforts to garden big. It was not perfect for those who truly needed to plant gardens and fields, but for his purposes, it was perfect for Jeff’s initiation into ‘something smaller’. He agreed to try some upside down tomatoes, and to garden much less. We have green onions and radishes on the back porch. Now, he may face some bigger challenges a little more willingly. Aging house syndrome demands attention that he just has not been able to give because of the too-many tasks on his now 4 year old list. God works. Mysteriously. And He’s not done yet. It may take some more arm-wrenching on my son’s part (or by God’s divine intervention, or both) to keep husband on target. Sigh.

This Sunday, my family had an annual birthday party bash. My guys: husband, son and grandson were all born last week of May. The weather was wonderful. The kids were amusing, amused, and relatively well behaved. The work of frying chicken, fixing food and clean up was not overwhelming, and fun was had by all.

So there you have it. My week in review.

No comments:

Post a Comment